Benefits of petai:
1. Depression – Contains tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.
2. Anemia - Stimulate the production of haemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anaemia.
3. Lowers blood pressure - Extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it perfect to beat blood pressure.
4. Brain power booster - Potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert.
5. Heartburn – Has a natural antacid effect in the body.
6. Mosquito repellent - Try rubbing mosquito bites with the inside of the petai skin. Many people find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.
7. Quit smoking - The B6, B12 they contain, as well as the potassium and magnesium found in them, help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
8. Strokes - According to research in The New England Journal of Medicine, eating petai as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death by strokes by as much as 40%.
9. Warts – As natural alternatives to heal from wart, take a piece of petai and place it on the wart. Carefully hold the petai in place with a plaster or surgical tape.